Head to Greater Palm Springs for Pride—a well-known LGBTQ+ travel destination with a vibrant lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community. With events and celebrations taking place throughout the city, there’s no shortage of things to do—from dance parties to pool parties to art galleries in the desert. And this year, with so much to offer, there’s something for everyone! So whether you’re a first-timer or a seasoned pro, read on for our guide to Pride Month in Palm Springs this summer.
Palm Springs Pride Guide 2022
NATIONAL PRIDE MONTH
Pride Month is an annual celebration of the LGBTQ+ community—held in June to commemorate the Stonewall Riots, which occurred on June 28, 1969. Pride Month is a time to celebrate the progress made in the fight for equality and to continue the fight for the rights of all LGBTQ+ people. It’s a time to come together and be proud of who you are and to also show support for those who are still fighting for equality.
- The Arenas District is the core of LGBTQ pride in Palm Springs—packed full of businesses that proudly serve the LGBTQ community, including queer-owned restaurants, shops, and bars. Come here for the quintessential Qmmunity experience.
- Splash House is a summer festival series in Palm Springs that takes over three hotel resort pools—The Renaissance, Margaritaville Palm Springs, and The Saguaro Palm Springs. Buy passes for live music, dancing, and one of the biggest pool parties in the area! This event takes place June 10-12 and is a great way to beat the heat during Pride Month.
- Illusions The Drag Queen Show is the perfect place to enjoy a fabulous meal while being entertained by some of the best drag queens in the business. The food is delicious, the cabaret is classy, the comedy is raunchy, and the drinks are phenomenal. This is a must-see for Palm Springs!
- TRIO is a gay-owned restaurant in Palm Springs that is devoted to its community. The owner, Tony Marchese, is a passionate philanthropist who received the Friends for Life Award from the Desert AIDS Project. This fashionable restaurant has a magical blend of colors, sounds, and energy, making it an exciting place to eat. The food is equal parts nourishing and indulgent, and the décor is vibrant and colorful.
- RetroRoom Lounge is a must-see karaoke bar in the heart of Palm Springs. The decor is inspired by the golden age of Hollywood, and features drag shows and nightly karaoke. The atmosphere is welcoming and lively, and the entertainment is top-notch. RetroRoom Lounge also features daily happy hours, making it the perfect place to unwind after a long day.
- BIKE Palm Springs is a gay-owned business that proudly welcomes everyone to their shop. Biking is one of the best ways to see all the landmarks and attractions that this desert oasis has to offer. Join a tour or simply rent a bike by the half-day, day, or week and explore at your own pace. Ask for advice from local experts for the best touring routes.
- Celebrate Pride Month your own way at Joshua Tree Pride! Just a short drive from Palm Springs, this unique and exciting event is off the beaten path, but offers wonderful opportunities to celebrate in June. This high desert Pride has something for everyone, from the “Queerated” Art Gallery to the Patio Pride Dance Party.
- Toucans Tiki Lounge is an energetic island oasis located in the heart of the desert. Home to the longest-running drag show in Greater Palm Springs with Tommi Rose & The Playgirls, Toucans brings in top-tier talent. With a welcoming atmosphere and friendly staff, Toucans is the perfect place to relax with a refreshing cocktail and enjoy world-class drag. Toucans has been voted “The Desert’s Number One Gay Bar” and “Best Dance Club” over the years.
- Shame on the Moon is a fine dining establishment that has been serving customers for over 30 years. This gay-owned restaurant has built up a menu of freshly prepared dishes that customers have come to love, including pasta, steaks, fresh fish, duck, and even veal. Shame on the Moon’s special summer menus feature three-course meals that are sure to tantalize your taste buds. So stop by and experience their classic vibe.
NOVEMBER IS FOR PRIDE, TOO!
While Pride usually takes place in the month of June, Palm Springs does it their own way (and we love them for it)!
Palm Springs has one of the largest LGBTQ+ Pride gatherings in Coachella Valley and one of the best Pride celebrations in the country—bringing in guests from all over the world. This three-day event takes place annually in November and features a parade, live music, DJ sets, drag performances, and so much more. Greater Palm Springs Pride is a celebration of LGBTQ+ culture and inclusion, and it's open to everyone. Whether you're looking to party or just show your support, Palm Springs Pride is the perfect event for you. So mark your calendar, and start planning your trip back in November!
Palm Springs is the place to be for a fun and festive way to take part in Pride Month. With plenty of events and activities planned throughout June (and November), there’s something for everyone. So come on out and show your support by celebrating the LGBTQ+ community!
And if you’re looking for places to stay—no matter who you are, who you love, or how you identify, you will always be welcome with Natural Retreats. Check out our collection of Palm Springs vacation homes.
Going to Palm Springs for Pride? Let us know which event or activity was your favorite by tagging us on social media @naturalretreats and using #TravelOn. Happy Pride!