Published December 17, 2015
These terms and conditions are applicable to all Natural Retreats vacations with the exception of Steamboat Springs, Daufuskie Island, and St. Simons Island which are detailed at the bottom of this page.
Reservations with Natural Retreats US LLC, together with its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, “Natural Retreats”) are made and accepted only on the following Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) without modification. The terms “you,” “your” and “Guest” refer to all persons who book reservations with Natural Retreats. The specific terms of your reservation with Natural Retreats will be provided to you in a separate written confirmation. The terms and conditions of such written confirmation, along with any state-specific disclosures made available on the Natural Retreats’ website or separately provided to you, are incorporated herein by this reference and are part of these Terms and Conditions. All packages and packaged offers are offered solely by Natural Retreats US LLC for residents of the United States. Packages and packaged offers are not offered and are not available to residents of the United Kingdom and the European Union.
Natural Retreats will send you electronically a confirmation showing the price for your accommodations and any additional charges, and any payments received from you. Please check the details on the confirmation carefully. If any of the details are incorrect or have changed from the time the reservation was made, then you must inform our Reservations and Concierge Team within 24 hours. No reservations shall be valid until confirmed in writing (electronic or otherwise) by Natural Retreats.
Reservations shall not be accepted from persons less than twenty one (21) years of age. Natural Retreats reserves the right to refuse any reservations either at the time of booking or upon arrival at a Natural Retreats destination, including reservations for groups. Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of payments and such Guests may not be allowed to check-in or asked to vacate the premises.
MINIMUM NIGHT STAYS AND SEASONAL VARIATIONS
Natural Retreats reserves the right to impose reservation restrictions, including, without limitation, minimum-night stays and other seasonal reservation restrictions in its sole and absolute discretion.
SERVICES ON REQUEST
Before you book, please discuss your choice of destination, accommodation and activities with our Xplore Team to make sure it will be suitable for you and the people you will be travelling with. Some accommodation, activity and other additional arrangements are only available on a request basis and where this is the case, you will be advised at the time you make your enquiry and details of the arrangements on request will be shown on any documentation we issue. Any services or activities made with 3rd part vendors that are on request, are not confirmed or guaranteed and are subject to change until we receive confirmation.
NUMBER OF GUESTS
The maximum number of guests’ permitted in each accommodation (as shown on our marketing materials and website) must not be exceeded, including gatherings at the accommodation and guests that are visiting and not actually sleeping at the accommodations. If the maximum number of permitted guests’ is exceeded, Natural Retreats reserves the right to move those additional guests’ to another accommodation and charge you or them the appropriate full charge for the additional accommodation from your party’s arrival date. Additionally, guests’ right to occupy the accommodations may be terminated without compensation or refund if more people or pets than specified on the written confirmation and/or the number the accommodation holds as indicated by Natural Retreats.
Natural Retreats reserves the right to substitute accommodations as and when necessary as determined by Natural Retreats in its sole and absolute discretion. All reservations are on a first come-first served space available basis, as availability is determined by Natural Retreats in its sole and absolute discretion. Specific unit numbers and bed configurations are not guaranteed.
CHECK IN / CHECK OUT
Please check your booking confirmation for specific check and in and check out times as these vary per retreat.. You must vacate your residence by the specified checkout time on your last day. Guest acknowledges and agrees that its rental shall be solely for the dates set forth in its written confirmation and Guest shall not have (and these Terms and Conditions shall in no event create) any other rights to use or occupy the property. Please return your key/key card to reception or place them in your accommodation’s key box, if any. Failure to depart on time, return all furniture to its original location or to remove trash may result in additional charges, including, without limitation, (a) the cost of any alternate accommodations secured for any Guest affected by your failure to vacate or, if such alternate accommodations cannot be secured or are not desired by the affected Guest, the entire cost of the affected guest’s reservation rental; and (b) any other costs incurred by Natural Retreats or the affected Guest(s) due to your failure to vacate. Guests’ are required to remove all food products from the pantry, fridge and freezer and to wash all dishes prior to check out.
Because many of our accommodations have their own characteristics which may be distinguishable from other accommodations, we reserve the right to promulgate separate rules for each accommodation (as to each accommodation, the “House Rules”). House Rules may change from time to time without advance notice and may be based on contractual obligations, laws, and regulations governing each accommodation, including, without limitation, any applicable zoning regulations and governing documents (e.g., homeowners' association covenants, conditions and restrictions) and include third party service provider/owner and Natural Retreats-imposed rules. We may provide you with a copy of the House Rules for any accommodation at the time a reservation is confirmed or at the time of your check-in, and such copy may be provided through electronic means, including, without limitation, via email and the Natural Retreats’ website. By agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you agree to comply with, and acknowledge that the use and occupancy of each accommodation is subject to, all applicable House Rules.
If guests have any complaints concerning their accommodations, the matter should be taken up with the Natural Retreats On-site Management immediately so that an investigation can be made and remedial action taken if required.
In no circumstances will compensation (including, without limitation, refunds) or any other remedy be considered for complaints raised after a Guest’s stay has ended when he or she did not afford Natural Retreats the opportunity of investigating the complaint and attempting to remedy the situation during Guest’s stay.
All complaints post stay must be submitted to Natural Retreats in writing within 28 days of your return. If you have special needs that prevent you from writing to us then, where possible, we will accept details of your complaint over the telephone.
WITHDRAWAL OF FACILITIES AND SERVICES
Facilities and accommodations may be altered or services withdrawn for reasons outside of Natural Retreats’ control, and differences between the text/photograph/illustrations in the corporate and marketing materials and on Natural Retreats’ website and the features of the actual accommodations may arise. Natural Retreats will not accept responsibility should the accommodations not conform to a Guest’s standards or for inconveniences incurred as a result of actual guest experiences differing from that portrayed in marketing and corporate materials. Rates, accommodations, property descriptions, amenities, and rental conditions are subject to change without notice in the sole and absolute discretion of Natural Retreats.
Natural Retreats Management shall be allowed access, with prior notice, to the accommodations at any reasonable time during any Guest’s occupancy.
VACATION PACKAGES, ACTIVITIES AND DESTINATION TRAVEL
Natural Retreats offers vacation packages, Destination Travel custom trips and bookable activities, these accommodations, activities and services may be supplied by 3rd parties, referred to herein as “Travel Suppliers” who are not agents, employees, or subcontractors of Natural Retreats and as such, Natural Retreats is not responsible or liable for their acts or omissions and cannot be held liable in the event of loss of personal property or personal injury whilst participating in any activity.
By booking a package or activity, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Additional terms and conditions may apply to the travel suppliers. To review and accept such additional terms and conditions please contact each applicable travel supplier or visit the corresponding travel supplier’s website. Kindly note that on occasions, a travel supplier may have more stringent or restrictive terms and conditions than the terms and conditions set forth herein in such cases, the travel suppliers terms and conditions shall apply/prevail. Furthermore and for clarity, in the event the terms and conditions set forth herein are more stringent or restrictive than the travel supplier’s terms and conditions, the terms and conditions set forth herein shall apply/prevail.
Natural Retreats accepts no responsibility for personal injury to guests’ and/or their invitees and dogs, for loss of or damage to their property or for other matters over which Natural Retreats has no control.
Natural Retreats employs every effort to ensure the safety of you and your personal property while staying in any of our accommodations. Natural Retreats cannot be held liable for the loss or damage of personal property, with the exception of cases of gross negligence or intent on our part.
Dogs shall only be allowed in those accommodations designated by Natural Retreats as “dog friendly,” subject to availability. Natural Retreats accepts a maximum of two (2) dogs in such “dog friendly” accommodations, some accommodations limit dog(s) on size and weight. If guests’ intend to have their dog(s) accompany them during their stay, then it shall be guests’ responsibility to ensure that a “dog friendly” accommodation is booked at the time a reservation is made. This is applicable only with respect to specific accommodations, and availability may be limited accordingly. A non-refundable pet fee is required, the amount of which varies by individual property. Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times, and guests’ shall be responsible for cleaning up any dog waste. In the event that a pet is discovered in or around a home without permission of Natural Retreats, it is grounds for eviction without refund. Dogs are not allowed on any furniture at any time and should not be left unattended in the residence. If the property is damaged by the dog(s) the guest will be billed for the amount required to fix the issues. No cats or other pets allowed.
STANDARD OF PROPERTY
Guests’ shall keep the property and all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in or on the property in the same state of repair, cleanliness and general order as at the commencement of their stay. Guests’ must promptly report and pay to Natural Retreats the cost of repair and replacement of any damage or breakages made during their occupancy. Guests’ are fully responsible for their actions and the actions of any family members, invitees, licensees and other guests’ during a reservation of an accommodation. Following guests’ departure from the property, an inspection of the accommodations occupied by such guests’ shall be completed by Natural Retreats and Natural Retreats is authorized to charge guests for any and all losses and damages sustained to the accommodations during your reservation to such guest’s credit/debit card, or Natural Retreats has the right to invoice you for any such amounts and you shall immediately pay such invoice. Guests’ agrees to indemnify Natural Retreats for any damages to the accommodation, grounds, furnishings, and household items, which is a result of your occupancy. In the event that damages result from a guest’s occupancy, Natural Retreats is authorized to utilize any security deposit to reimburse the owner of the accommodations for said damages.
CARS & PARKING
In order to help minimize our carbon footprint and to reduce traffic volumes we recommend that no more than 2 cars per accommodation are brought to each location; however, additional restrictions may apply dependent on the location.
Guest acknowledges that Natural Retreats does not guarantee parking availability at the accommodations. Vehicles parked at our locations are subject to very limited or no security cover. Vehicles should be locked and all valuables removed. We accept no liability for any theft, accident, loss or damage to your property.
You are responsible for the behavior of all members of your party/group during your stay. Behavior should not be excessive, noisy or disruptive, especially at night. Offensive or illegal behavior will not be tolerated and may result in the involving local authorities. Aggressive or offensive behavior towards our staff is not acceptable, and we may ask you or any member of your party/group to leave the property immediately. No refunds or compensation will be given in these circumstances, and we reserve the right not to accept any future reservations from you or any member of your party/group.
Natural Retreats is committed to being a good neighbor and asks that guests be considerate of those that live nearby. Unfortunately, from time to time some occupants disturb their neighbors, by creating excessive noise, violating the smoking policy or causing other nuisances. Natural Retreats expressly reserves the right to terminate, at any time, a guest’s occupancy, and to evict a Guest from the unit, in the event that complaints are lodged which indicate that guest is disturbing the neighbors. In such event, guests’ will also forfeit all monies previously paid to Natural Retreats. Natural Retreats is not liable for noise made by guests’.
DRIVING ON SITE
Drivers at all times shall yield to pedestrians and cyclists and shall keep to the right and within the speed limit. Please use great care when driving on-site as boulders, logs and posts may be placed along roads to avoid damage to roadsides and to prevent unauthorized parking. Natural Retreats shall not be held liable or responsible for any damage or injury to person or property. All vehicles shall be parked in specified areas. Natural Retreats shall not be held liable or responsible for any damage caused to your vehicle if it is not parked in a specified area and it obstructs an emergency services vehicle.
We reserve the right to obtain the name, age, address and gender of each member of your party before confirming your reservation or at any time thereafter.. Failure to provide Natural Retreats with full details of the makeup of your party prior to your arrival, if requested by Natural Retreats, may result in a delay in the making, or cancellation, of your reservation, and upon such cancellation, no refund will be provided
Natural Retreats may investigate any incident or allegation of concern, or assist any proper inquiries about a child staying at one of our accommodations and may refer the matter to an appropriate governmental authority should we consider it appropriate.
Please note that smoking is not permitted in any accommodations or buildings at any of the Natural Retreats locations. A standard charge of $200 will be taken from the guests card if we find smoking has taken place in the property to pay for the deep clean required.
HUNTING & GUNS
Please note that hunting is not permitted at any of the Natural Retreats locations unless it’s a pre booked activity through Natural Retreats or partners. Guests hereby acknowledge that Natural Retreats locations may be located in and around hunting areas and appropriate high visibility clothing is recommended to be worn if hiking during hunting seasons.
State law forbids anyone under 21 years of age from consuming any beer, wine, distilled spirits, etc., including consumption at any private function. If a guest, visitor or anyone at the unit under the age of 21 years is consuming alcoholic beverages, said conduct is a breach of the lease and guest and all occupants shall vacate the property and forfeit the full reservation payment.
USE OF PREMISES
Guests’ agrees that he/she will not use, nor permit the use of the premises for any unlawful or disorderly purposes, nor commit or permit a nuisance to be committed therein. No illegal firearms, substances, explosives or fireworks shall be permitted on the premises or at any of the Natural Retreats locations.
LIABILITY & DAMAGES
Guests’ agrees to waive any claim whatsoever against Natural Retreats, and Natural Retreats shall have no liability for accidents or claims arising from use of any hot tubs, whirlpools, saunas, outdoor/indoor pools, fireplaces / fire pits, or elevators (herein after called “special features”), if so equipped. Guests’ understand there are special risks that may be involved in using any special features. In particular, but without limitation, guests’ understand that there are potential risks that the special features may present dangers to children who are not carefully supervised, as well as the danger of any person using the special features for too long a time, has health problems, or is intoxicated or using any kind of drugs or medication, or uses the special feature if pregnant. Guests’ agree to explain the risks of using any special features to any guests he or she may have at the unit and to be fully and solely responsible for any accidents his guests may incur. Guests’ understand the risks discussed above and agrees that he/she will assume all responsibility for himself and his or her guests for the consequences of those risks. Guests’ agree to indemnify Natural Retreats for any claims made by Guest and/or Guest’s invitees arising from Guest and/or Guest’s invitees' use of any special features. Guest also understands and agrees that he/she is responsible and liable and will pay Natural Retreats upon request for any damages that occur to the special features and its support equipment through his or his guest’s misuse and/or negligence, for example, but not limited to, damaging the hot tub cover and/or pool liner, or allowing the water level to become too low, or causing water overflow inside the unit.
Guests’ shall, at its sole cost and expense, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Natural Retreats and its affiliates, and each of their respective shareholders, directors, members, managers, officers, employees, agents and representatives, and each of the heirs, executors, successors and assigns of any of the foregoing (each, an “Indemnified Party;” and collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) against all suits, judgments, losses, payments, costs, expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees), damages or claims for damages, settlements, liabilities, fines and penalties of the Indemnified Parties arising from or in connection with Guest’s rental, including, without limitation, any claim or liability for any death, bodily injury or property damage which is made, incurred or sustained by Guest or any Guest invitees. This indemnification shall also apply to any rental equipment ordered through Natural Retreats for Guest use or use of any recreational activities (including use of pools, water features, hot tubs, and other bodies of water) used by Guest.
SWIMMING POOLS, WATER FEATURES, AND BODIES OF WATER SUCH AS RIVERS CREEKS AND PONDS
Please take extra care during your vacation when using or nearby to any body of water, including but not limited to pools, ponds, rivers, etc. as they may have open drops from the edge, may not be lifeguarded or have un-posted depths. Please ensure that children are supervised at all times. Natural Retreats and the property owner do not provide supervision or safety equipment and make no representations about the safety of any pools, hot tubs, rivers, streams or ponds. Your use, and your children’s use, of any of these bodies of water is your responsibility and is at your own risk. You acknowledge that Natural Retreats will not be held liable for any accident or injury incurred whilst using pools, hot tubs, rivers, streams, ponds, etc.
Natural Retreats shall not be liable for damages for any closure hereunder if such delay or default is caused by conditions beyond its control or the control of any Travel Supplier with which you have elected to deal including, but not limited to, weather conditions, acts of God, force majeure, strikes, civil commotions, embargoes, and wars or other hostilities, whether actual, threatened or reported, and/or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Natural Retreats or any of the Travel Suppliers.
If adverse weather shuts the home or retreat and we are not open; where possible you will be informed before your stay and be given a full refund if alternative accommodation cannot be found. If the retreat or home closes whilst you are in residence you will be refunded the part of your stay that cannot be accommodated unless alternative arrangements can be made.
If adverse weather stops you travelling but the retreat or home is open then the standard cancelation terms and conditions apply.
It is your responsibility that you and all members of your party have comprehensive travel insurance coverage if desired and that such coverage is adequate for your needs. Your policy of insurance should provide coverage for personal injury, death, medical and repatriation costs in the countries which you intend to visit, together with coverage for loss of baggage and valuables, personal liability, delay, cancelation, curtailment, missed departure and legal expenses. If you suffer from a disability or medical condition, then you should disclose this to insurers. If you participate in sports and activities during your stay that have been organized, it should be understood that participation is at your own risk, and it is your responsibility to obtain the relevant insurance coverage. Note that special insurance may be required if you intend to undertake any other dangerous or sports activities. Please keep your insurance details with you during your stay.
Natural Retreats have a travel insurance option for you to purchase, details of which can be found on the Natural Retreats website.
DISABILITY & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Natural Retreats welcomes Guests with restricted mobility, disability, medical or particular care requirements. We aim to ensure that our services are as accessible as reasonably possible. In this regard, it is important that we are made fully aware of any special needs, accommodations, requirements and conditions at the time a reservation is made. Please call our Reservations and Concierge Team via the telephone number on the website, who will be happy to discuss with you the suitability of the accommodations and related facilities for those with special needs.
Wi-Fi access, where available, is not guaranteed and is provided subject to third party terms and conditions. Wi-Fi may not be available in all areas, may not always be operational or can at times run slowly due to the rural nature of the locations in which Natural Retreats operates. Guest understands that no refunds will be given for limited Internet connectivity or lack of services. The Wi-Fi system at Natural Retreats is provided free of charge as a value added service. Usage may be subject to participation in a short online survey. The wireless internet facility is not subject to any particular security/filtering measures and requires continuous parental supervision when used by children. We reserve the right to disclose your details to our internet service provider if we discover that you or a member or your party illegally downloaded content from the internet or otherwise engaged in unlawful activity while using this facility.
You may not resell, advertise, use or give your reservation or any promotional discount or offer to do so (for profit or otherwise) or use it in connection with a promotion, competition, business and charity or any other similar venture without written consent in advance from Natural Retreats, which consent may be withheld in the sole and absolute discretion of Natural Retreats.
All electronic data transferred to Guests remains the property of Natural Retreats and may not be replicated, in part or whole, without prior permission from Natural Retreats. Electronic data may not be preserved and retained by Natural Retreats indefinitely.
All the information we collect and hold about you and members of your party/group will be stored in computer and other filing systems. We collect and keep information about you and members of your party to enable us to administer our services to you, to conduct market research and provide you with information about our products and services and those of carefully selected third parties. If you do not wish to be contacted by us or such third parties please write to our Reservations and Concierge Team at our corporate office address.
From time to time Natural Retreats will decide to offer accommodations or activities at a promotional rate. These rates / offers /activities cannot be added to a pre-existing booking, will be subject to Natural Retreats main booking terms and conditions. Blackout dates may apply and the promotional activity may only be applicable to a select number of residences.
TERMS SPECIFIC TO HANDPICKED HOME AND COTTAGE RENTALS
Locked areas such as owner’s personal storage areas are exempt from the rental and are off limits to Guest. Entry into these areas is prohibited and can result in charges to Guest.
In the event a property is listed for sale or becomes listed for sale, the Tenant agrees to allow the property to be shown to prospective purchasers between the hours of 11 am and 3 pm Monday through Saturday. Every effort will be made to give sufficient advance notice to the guest of any showings.
In the unforeseen event that a reserved property becomes unavailable, we reserve the right to move the guest to a comparable property designated by price, not features.
PAYMENT TERMS AND CANCELATION POLICIES
NATURAL RETREATS HANDPICKED PROPERTIES (except Sun Valley, Mammoth Lakes, Lake Winnipesaukee)
Deposit: A twenty-five percent (25%) deposit is required in order to confirm a reservation.
Final Balance: The final balance of the total cost of the reservation, including but not limited to accommodations, outfitting, services and extras, is required thirty (30) days prior to the scheduled arrival date.
Full Payment: If a reservation is made less than thirty (30) days before the scheduled arrival date, full payment will be due immediately when making the reservation.
If a guest cancels within 72 hours of booking, they receive a 100% refund.
If a guest books within 7 days of a stay, they receive no refunds regardless of the 72 hour window.
If a guest cancels more than 30 days prior to their trip, they will be charged $100 cancellation fee.
If a guest cancels within 30 days of their trip, they will receive no refund.
During key holiday periods: guests will be charged $100 for cancellations more than 60 days prior to their stay.
During key holiday periods: guests will receive no refund if they cancel within 60 days of their stay.
Guests who cancel outside of the cancellation window, may apply their deposit towards another stay within the same calendar year in the same accommodation. (* Please see Mammoth Lakes note below)
Key holidays are defined as: New Year’s, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
HANDPICKED AT SUN VALLEY AND HIGH COUNTRY RESORT PROPERTIES
Deposit: A thirty percent (30%) deposit is required in order to confirm a reservation.
Condominiums: The full balance is due 45 days prior to the reservation arrival date.
Homes/Townhomes: The full balance of the rent is due 90 days prior to the reservation arrival date.
Full Payment: If a reservation is made –
a) for a Condominium - within forty five (45) days and prior to arrival date; full payment will be due immediately when making the reservation.
b) for a home/townhome - within ninety (90) days prior to arrival date; full payment will be due immediately when making the reservation.
Cancelations and reservation changes:
If a guest cancels within 72 hours of booking, they receive a 100% refund.
If a guest books within 7 days of a stay, they receive no refunds regardless of the 72 hour window.
Homes and Townhomes:
If a guest cancels more than 90 days prior to their trip, they will be charged $100 cancelation fee.
If a guest cancels within 90 days of their trip, they will receive no refund.
If a guest cancels more than 45 days prior to their trip, they will be charged $100 cancelation fee.
If a guest cancels within 45 days of their trip, they will receive no refund.
If after the Cancellation Period has expired, the Guest makes changes to a reservation that reduces the amount of days the property is to be rented by Guest, the Guest will forfeit the payment for those days and there shall be no refund. There are no refunds for early departure.
HANDPICKED AT MAMMOTH MOUNTAIN LAKES
* Cancelation policy note: If cancellation is within 30 days of the stay and we are unable to re-sell the property, the full balance will be forfeited and a credit cannot be held towards a future stay.
PREFERRED VACATION RENTALS BY NATURAL RETREATS (LAKE WINNIPESAUKEE)
INITIAL RESERVATION PAYMENT: Reservations require an initial $600.00 reservation payment that is applied toward the entire reservation. Upon receipt of initial reservation Payment, a confirmation with payment due dates will be sent to the principal party named on the reservation.
PAYMENT/BALANCE DUE: Fifty percent of the remaining balance is due within 30 days of the initial reservation deposit of $600.00. The reservation may be cancelled without further notice if timely payment is not received by Natural Retreats by due date. Final payments are due no later than 60 days prior to arrival. All funds received are deposited in an interest bearing trust account until disbursement. Interest earned on escrow/trust account is paid to Natural Retreats, LLC.
CANCELLATIONS: All cancellations must be in writing. If you should have to cancel your reservation after seven (7) days from the initial deposit, please contact our office immediately. We will make every effort to re-rent your home. If we are able to re-rent the home for the same rate and time, the cancellation fee shall be 20% of the total rental charge plus a $75.00 administrative fee. In the event Natural Retreats is unable to re-rent the cancelled period, the total rental amount, including taxes and all applicable fees, will be due in accordance to the confirmation terms, with all advance rental payments forfeited.
NATURAL RETREATS OPERATED LODGES AND INNS
Deposit: For lodging/package bookings a fifty percent (50%) deposit is required in order to confirm a reservation.
Final Balance: The final balance of the total cost of the reservation is required on departure.
Groups: For groups of 8+ people the final balance for the total cost of the booking is required (30) days prior to the arrival date. Groups and weddings will be required to sign and agree to a group’s contract with additional terms and conditions. Deposit and cancelation fees may differ and will be detailed in the groups contract
Incidental charges: Incidental charges guests accrue during their stay must be paid in full on departure. A credit card impression is required at check in and will be pre authorized for all incidental changes.
If a guest cancels within 72 hours of booking, they receive a 100% refund.
If a guest books within 7 days of a stay, they receive no refunds regardless of the 72 hour window.
If a guest cancels more than 30 days prior to their trip, they will be charged $100 cancellation fee.
If a guest cancels within 30 days of their trip, they will receive no refund.
During key holiday periods: guests will be charged $100 for cancellations more than 60 days prior to their stay.
During key holiday periods: guests will receive no refund if they cancel within 60 days of their stay.
Guests who cancel may apply their deposit towards another stay within the same calendar year in the same accommodation.
Key holidays are defined as: New Year’s, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
EVENTS, GROUPS AND WEDDINGS
Contract: You will be required to sign a specific Event / Group / Wedding contract at the time of booking – this is available on request.
Prices: All prices quoted for the entire package unless otherwise stated, excluding taxes. All charges with will be applied to one account with the signer of this agreement responsible for those charges.
Confirmation of Event Requested: The desired event space will be held for up to two weeks, pending receipt of the deposit and signed contract. The event is considered tentative until the contract has been received and accepted by Natural Retreats.
Deposit Requirements: A non-refundable deposit of 50% is due along with this signed contract at time of booking. If the contract and deposit are not received, the event space will automatically be cancelled.
Full Balance: Is required 30 days prior to the event.
Accommodations split: The balance can be split between you and or other guests. For accommodations that are split between different parties 50% of accommodation payments due 60 days prior to the event. Final accommodation payments are due no less than 30 days prior to the event. You will be responsible for the full payment of any unoccupied residences.
Additional Expenses: To Be Incurred by Client including rental of tents, outdoor tables and chairs, specialty linens, etc.
Date changes: In the event you should be forced to change the date of the event or wedding every effort will be made by Natural Retreats to transfer reservations to support the new date in the same calendar year; however you understand that available dates will be determined by Natural Retreats and are subject to seasonal rate changes. Any date changes within 60 days of event date will also be subject to the cancellation policy.
Cancellations: In the event you need to cancel the special event or wedding, the following cancellation fees will be applicable and will be charged:
> 91 Days 10% of contracted event value, including any accommodations
30 – 90 days 50% of contracted event value, including any accommodations
< 30 days 100% cancelation fee/ no refund
Preferred Suppliers: We recommend that all vendors are selected from our list of preferred suppliers. The vendors and service providers mentioned on our Vendor Information document have demonstrated superior professionalism and service contributing to the development of a successful business reputation and relationship with the venue.
Alcohol: Depending on the venue, certain restriction on alcohol are applicable. Please ask your event coordinator for details.
Set up and break down: Natural Retreats agrees to provide equipment as agreed upon during contract discussions. You will be responsible for all additional rentals of service and flatware, tents, linens, and any additional tables and chairs. All set up and take down of rental equipment is the responsibility of you or external vendors.
Restoration of the property: Natural Retreats and surrounding property must be restored to its previous condition by the agreed and contracted time the day after the event. Vendors including caterers must remove all trash and belongings from the premises immediately following the event. You and the vendors shall be responsible for returning the event space and surrounding areas to their prior good order and cleaned condition. Failure to do so may result in additional fees being collected to cover charges for repairs and cleaning.
Decorations: All table centerpieces and other decorations must meet fire and safety codes and regulations. Natural Retreats does not allow anything to be affixed to walls, furniture, furnishings, or any other property. In the event that this is done without authorization, the cost of any repair and/or replacement of damaged property will be paid by the signer of this agreement. Removal of all decorations including but not limited to centerpieces; wedding cake decorations, etc. are the responsibility of the client. Natural Retreats will not be held responsible for loss or damage to the decorations once the client has departed the premises at the completion of the event.
Audio Visual: A wide selection of audio visual equipment and services are available on a rental basis from local vendors. Due to our often remote location, arrangements should be made in advance.
Insurance: We strongly recommend you take out adequate event insurance to cover the cost of cancellation and other liabilities.
Smoking: Smoking and/or any other use of tobacco is not permitted in any of the buildings and is only allowed outside when requested in advance, in designated Natural Retreats areas only.
GREYSTONE INN SPA
Greystone Inn Spa Cancellations: Rescheduling or cancelling your appointment less than 24 hours prior to your scheduled service will result in a charge of 50% of the treatment price. No shows will be charged the full treatment price.
TETON SPRINGS SPA
Teton Springs Spa Cancellations: Rescheduling or cancelling your appointment less than 12 hours prior to your scheduled service will result in a charge of 100% of the treatment price.
SOUTH FORK LODGE GUIDED FISHING TRIPS
Deposit: A fifty percent (50%) deposit of the total cost of the excursion is due in order to confirm a reservation.
Final Balance: The final balance of the total cost of the booking is due at least thirty (30) days prior to the arrival date.
Should a Guest cancel a reservation less than fourteen (14) days before the scheduled arrival date, fifty percent (50%) of the total cost of the booking will be refunded.
Cancellations due to weather and river conditions will be made at Natural Retreats’ discretion. In the event of cancellation trips may be rescheduled within the same calendar year and are subject to seasonal rate changes and availability.
All cancelations must be submitted in writing, by letter or email. The lead name on the booking must be the person cancelling, unless it’s a group reservation with multiple payments.
In the event that a guest is requesting a refund due to them or a family member being seriously ill, the normal cancelation policy will apply.
EXCEPTIONS TO CANCELATION POLICY
In the event of a death of a guest pre vacation, a refund can be processed for the deceased and any traveling companion/s. The request must be verified with a copy of a death certificate and be submitted within 6 months of canceling.
CANCELLATION BY US
On the rare occasion we may have to cancel your vacation, for any particular reason, we will tell you as soon as reasonably possible. In these circumstances, we will, if we are able to do so, offer you an alternative vacation of equivalent or closely similar standard and price at no extra cost, or a less expensive vacation. In which case, we will refund the difference in price. If you do not wish to take the alternative we offer you, you can choose another Natural Retreats accommodation of higher value and pay the difference, or receive a full refund of, any price difference. Or, if you prefer, you can receive a full refund of any money you have paid to us. No compensation will be payable in these circumstances, whenever they happen, and we will only have to offer you the above choices. We can also cancel if you fail to make payment for your booking on time.
All prices quoted exclude applicable occupancy state and local taxes where applicable at current rates. The price of accommodations includes the use of the accommodations for the maximum number of permitted guests’ and any other amenities or services specified by Natural Retreats. The agreed price for accommodations, however, will be reflected on the written confirmation.
Rates are in U.S. dollars. All rates are subject to change without notice, including but not limited to increases in taxes, government-imposed fees and surcharges.
The price of accommodations does not include activities and services not specified by Natural Retreats, such as, without limitation, bicycle rentals, horseback rides, spa and beauty services, and food and beverage service. For these and other activities and services, additional charges and different reservation arrangements shall apply.
In some room charging instances, a 24 hour delay may occur before a charge is posted to your account; Natural Retreats reserves the right to charge the credit card on file for any outstanding charges as they occur.
ALTERATIONS TO RESERVATIONS
A guest requiring a reservation to be altered once a reservation has been confirmed will be charged a fee of $25.00 for a revised reservation. These alterations may result in a higher price quoted due to rate, daily or seasonal price differences. If the price is higher you, the Guest, will pay the difference.
Check payments should be made payable to “Natural Retreats US LLC,” detailing the lead guest’s surname, booking ID and dates of stay written clearly on the face of the check, and sent to the Accounts Department to the address stated upon our website.
Natural Retreats reserves the right to terminate any reservation where any monies due are more than fourteen (14) days in arrears.
Guests’ understand and agree that all funds may be placed, at the sole and absolute discretion of Natural Retreats, in an interest bearing account on which the interest shall accrue to the benefit of Natural Retreats or other such party as designated by Natural Retreats.
NORTH CAROLINA VACATION RENTALS
This confirmation constitutes a vacation rental agreement. As such receipt of booking confirmation with reference or inclusion of these terms and conditions, payment of monies and/or taking possession of the property constitutes an acknowledgement and acceptance of a vacation rental agreement pursuant to chapter 42a of the North Carolina vacation rental act.
This is a vacation rental agreement under the North Carolina vacation rental act. The rights and obligations of the parties to this agreement are defined by law and include unique provisions permitting the disbursement of rent prior to tenancy and expedited eviction of tenants. Your signature on this agreement, or payment of money or taking possession of the property after receipt of the agreement, is evidence of your acceptance of the agreement and your intent to use this property for a vacation rental.
Tenant authorizes agent to disburse up to fifty percent (50%) of the rent to the owner (or as the owner directs) prior to tenant’s occupancy of the premises, and the balance of the rent upon the commencement of the tenancy, a material breach of this agreement by tenant, or as otherwise permitted under the vacation rental act. Tenant agrees to pay a $25.00 processing fee for any check of tenant that may be returned by the financial institution due to insufficient funds or because tenant did not have an account at the financial institution. Tenant also authorizes agent to disburse prior to tenants occupancy of the premises any fees owed to third parties to pay for any goods, services, or benefits procured by agent for the benefit of the tenant, including but not limited to any fees set forth herein payable to agent for reservation, transfer or cancellation of tenant’s tenancy.
Mandatory evacuation. If state or local authorities order a mandatory evacuation of an area that includes the premises, tenant shall comply with the order. Upon compliance, tenant will be entitled to a refund of the prorated rent for each night that tenant is unable to occupy the premises because of the order. However, tenant will not be entitled to a refund if, prior to taking possession of the premises: (i) tenant refused insurance offered by agent that would have compensated tenant for loses or damage resulting from loss of use of the premises due to a mandatory evacuation order, or (ii) tenant purchased such insurance from agent.
Expedited eviction. If the tenancy created hereunder is for 30 days or less, the expedited eviction procedures set forth in the vacation rental act will apply. Tenant may be evicted under such procedures if tenant: (i) holds over in possession after tenant’s tenancy has expired; (ii) commits a material breach of any provision of this agreement (including any addendum hereto) that according to its terms would result in the termination of tenant’s tenancy; (iii) fails to pay rent as require by this agreement; or (iv) has obtained possession of the premises by fraud or misrepresentation.
Indemnification and hold harmless; right of entry; assignment. Tenant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless agent and the owner from and against any liability for personal injury or property damage sustained by any person (including tenant’s guests) as a result of any cause, unless caused by the negligent or willful act of agent or the owner, or the failure of agent or the owner to comply with the vacation rental act. Tenant agrees that agent, the owner or their respective representatives may enter the premises during reasonable hours to inspect the premises, to make such repairs, alternation or improvements thereto as agent or owner may deem appropriate, or to show the premises to prospective purchasers or tenants. Tenant shall not assignee this agreement or sublet the premises in whole or part without written permission of agent.
Pets. Unless otherwise specifically permitted, no pets shall be allowed on the premises. Tenant’s breach of this provision shall be considered material, and shall result in the termination of tenant’s tenancy.
Any processing fees associated with this vacation rental and permitted under North Carolina statute are the obligation of the landlord or owner of the property being rented.
Any cleaning fee associated with the vacation rental and permitted under North Carolina statute are the obligation of the landlord or owner of the property being rented.
Any advance payment or deposit is being held in a trust account with Wells Fargo Nank, n.a. with headquarters at 420 Montgomery, san Francisco, CA 94104 but having multiple branches and facilities in North Carolina.
These Terms and Conditions supersede all previous editions and will apply to all confirmed reservations. Natural Retreats may modify, alter, delete or add new terms and conditions at any time without notice or Guest consent.
All guests’ and their invitees shall comply at all times with applicable law.
Guest understands that he/she may not sublet or assign these Terms and Conditions or the rental.
While every effort is made to replicate these Terms and Conditions and to accurately communicate them to Guests, due to the nature of electronic transmission, no responsibility is or will be accepted by Natural Retreats for any loss or inconvenience incurred by errors in the transfer of information into electronic format.
Guest acknowledges and agrees that all reservations made and confirmed online, via telephone, or at the Natural Retreats office and confirmed by Natural Retreats shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
Guest acknowledges and agrees that these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state in which the accommodations are located, without giving effect to the conflicts of law rules of such state.
Guest certifies that he or she has reviewed and agrees to the policies that are a part of these Terms and Conditions and accepts these Terms and Conditions in their entirety. In accepting these Terms and Conditions, the guest acknowledges that he or she has read, understands, and will abide by all the rules and regulations of these Terms and Conditions, the confirmation made with Natural Retreats, and any other agreements entered into in connection with the rental. Guest acknowledges that a violation of these Terms and Conditions, the confirmation, or any other agreement entered into between guest and Natural Retreats in connection with the rental shall constitute a material breach and, at the option of Natural Retreats in its sole and absolute discretion, shall result in a termination of Guest’s rental. If booking over the phone the guest has 24 hours after receiving the conformation email (which includes these terms and conditions of booking) to contact Natural Retreats if the terms and conditions are not acceptable to them.
These Terms and Conditions shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the respective heirs, legal and personal representatives, successors and permitted assigns of the Guest.
Your principal agreement is with Natural Retreats US, Inc. whose registered office address is Natural Retreats, 675 Peter Jefferson Place, Suite 250, Charlottesville, VA 22911. Our agreement with you binds you (the person named on the confirmation), and all members of your party/group, including children and any day visitors. You must ensure all members of your party/group are aware of these Terms and Conditions.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these Terms and Conditions, Guest acknowledges and agrees that Natural Retreats may use electronic means (including, without limitation, via email and the Natural Retreats’ website) to provide notices under and otherwise implement these Terms and Conditions.
VIOLATION OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
If guest violates any of these Terms and Conditions, Natural Retreats may terminate the rental and enter the premises. Upon notice of termination, Guest shall vacate the premises immediately. In the event that Natural Retreats shall have to resort to legal process to enforce its rights under these Terms and Conditions, Guest shall be responsible for all attorney fees and costs.
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Your Contract
1.1. Your contract is with Natural Retreats on behalf of Moving Mountains, Inc., a Colorado corporation. These terms and conditions will apply to any booking form signed by you for Property or Home Rentals, catering services, and vacation planning arranged and confirmed by Moving Mountains Inc.
1.2. Unless otherwise stated in writing these terms are valid for all confirmed Property or Home Rentals.
1.3. Prior to receipt of your signed booking form and deposit all prices are subject to change without notice. Signed booking form and deposit must be received by Moving Mountains within 24 hours of booking form being sent to you in order to guarantee pricing and availability of home. Once we receive the booking deposit, along with a signed booking form, the price is guaranteed for arrangements stated on the booking confirmation.
1.4. Accidental Rental Damage Insurance (ARDI) is required with all bookings. Policy details are provided with reservation confirmation.
2. Home Rental
2.1. Home Rental, which may on occasion be referred to as Nightly Rental or Vacation Home Rental of a Home, only includes rental of the Home described on the booking form for the stated dates and times.
2.2. Properties or Homes offered by Moving Mountains are not interchangeable once there is a confirmed reservation. If you choose to change homes once a booking is confirmed, regardless of reason, the original reservation must be cancelled, subject to our cancellation policy, and a new booking must be made at an alternative Home, which would also be subject to the cancellation policy.
2.3. The maximum overnight group occupancy total for each Home is specified on the Moving Mountains website. The number of guests in the Home at any one time cannot exceed twice the stated overnight occupancy of the Home and cannot exceed 32 people for any Home. Failure to observe this restriction, such as for an unauthorized event or party, will result in immediate termination of the rental and forfeiture of all monies paid and a $2500 Unauthorized Event Fee will be charged to the group.
2.4. One Steamboat Place rentals: If the group exceeds the overnight group occupancy total as specified on the Moving Mountains website, the group will be charged $250 per person, per day for each guest over occupancy. Children under 5 will not be taken into consideration when determining occupancy numbers.
2.5. Guests agree that all members of their party and any visitors to the Home during the stay will be advised that outdoor shoes are not to be worn inside the Home. This is to protect carpets and floor surfaces.
2.6. No more than four vehicles may be parked outside overnight at any Rental Home in Steamboat Springs. If the Home has a garage guests are advised to use the garage for overnight parking. Home guests are not permitted to park at any time in the public right of way (on the street) or an access easement. Home guests are responsible for any parking citations and fines that they incur.
2.7. One Steamboat Place rentals: No more than two vehicles may be parked in the garage at One Steamboat Place. No more than two vehicles per residence are permitted at one time unless given prior authorization from general manager of One Steamboat Place. If guests have more than 2 cars, they are required to inform Moving Mountains prior to arrival.
2.8. Quiet times in Steamboat Springs are from 7pm to 7am. Properties are in residential areas and any violation of city noise or disturbance ordinances could result in a fine or immediate termination of the rental and forfeiture of all monies.. Guests are responsible for all fines or citations issued.
2.9. Prohibited activities include: outdoor sleeping, any activity at which more than twice the number of allowed overnight occupants are in attendance, tents or other outdoor structures, whether deemed temporary or permanent, commercial kitchens, the preparation of any food on site for persons other than occupants and their guests, parking RV or other large camper vans in driveway.
2.10. Your 24 hour contact during your stay is Moving Mountains Homes: 970-870-9359. For after-hours emergencies, please phone our office and follow the instructions to leave a message. This will be forwarded to an on-duty staff member who will contact you as soon as a possible.
3. Catered Packages
3.1. Catering or Catered Chalet packages are offered as an add-on to a Home Rental.
3.2. Unless otherwise stated, the price of a Catered Package does not include: airfares, transport from Denver International Airport, ski lift tickets, equipment rental, alcoholic beverages, the cost of any activities undertaken by guests during the stay, babysitting, the cost of meals taken outside the Homes or chalet hosts gratuity or applicable taxes.
3.3. Prices for Catered Packages are based on a specified number of guests. Increases to the number of guests will result in adjustments to the package price.
4. Confirming a Reservation
4.1. Confirmation of any reservation by Moving Mountains, Inc. is subject to acknowledgement by Moving Mountains of: - the required deposit in cleared funds being received and - receipt of the Booking Form with the guest's signature, which confirms acceptance of these terms. In the event of an on-line reservation booked through the Moving Mountains website, authorization to charge a credit card for the required payment is deemed to indicate acceptance of the booking terms and conditions.
4.2. To confirm a reservation(s), a deposit of 50% of the total package cost along with a signed booking form is required. The remaining 50% is due 60 days prior to arrival date.
4.3. Multiple payments are acceptable based on one payment per every four people occupying a Home. Additional payments beyond one per four people will be charged at $25 per payment.
4.4. Moving Mountains reserves the right to cancel any reservation if the payment schedule is not met.
5.1. Guests must check-in at the Moving Mountains Office. Guests arriving after 6:00pm should make alternative arrangements with Moving Mountains Staff. Access to the Rental Home will not be granted unless Moving Mountains has signed check-in documents on file.
5.2. Catered Chalet package guests will be checked in at their Home by their hosts.
5.3. Check-in time is from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. Please call ahead to advise if arrival will be later than 6:00pm. If guests arrive prior to 4:00p.m., it may be possible to leave luggage at our office and other activities off-site can be arranged until 4:00 p.m.
5.4. Check-out is by 10:00 a.m. 5.5. Early check-in or late check-out is possible by prior arrangement only and can only be guaranteed 48 hours prior to arrival.
5.6. Moving Mountains requires a credit card to be kept on file during your stay with written authorization for up to $500 for incidental charges and extra costs related to the reservation. Homes are inspected after every stay and additional cleaning charges will be charged if the home is not left in the same condition it was prior to arrival. - Trash must be in trash receptacles and/or taken to the garage rolling bins. - Dishes must be washed and put away, or left in the dishwasher. - Used towels are to be left in the bathtub or shower.
6. Our Commitment to You:
Moving Mountains Homes will strive to provide exceptional accommodations, meals and services as described in brochures and internet website. To the best of our knowledge, this information is accurate.
7. Your Commitment to Moving Mountains Inc.:
7.1. The person making the reservation and signing the booking form is referred to as the "Group Leader".
7.2. The Group Leader is responsible for advising all guests in his/her party of the Terms and Conditions in this document. At the time of reservation, the Group Leader accepts full responsibility for the actions of all other guests in his / her party.
7.3. Moving Mountains prefers that individual group members communicate any special requests and additional services or activities directly with Moving Mountains Staff. Please confirm any verbal communications via E-mail or fax so that this can be documented in the booking file for future reference. Undocumented communications are non-binding and cannot be referred to as the basis for any guest request not arranged.
7.4. Adventure mountain travel, skiing, snowboarding, and outdoor activities at any time of year involve risks about which the guest(s) must make himself/herself aware. The responsibility of Moving Mountains, Inc. does not extend to cover any liability for personal injury or Home damage that occurs while participating in any activities on-site at a Home or off-site arranged by our staff. Participation in any activities is at guest’s own risk. Guests accept the risk of slippery conditions at all times inside and outside of the Home.
7.5. All guests, jointly and severally, at their cost, agree to be responsible for and to replace or repair any injury, damage or destruction to the Home, its furnishings, equipment, and/or vehicles caused by himself/herself or by any member of his/her party.
7.6. The guest(s) agree to act in a responsible manner toward other guests, chalet hosts, and neighbors of adjoining properties. If at any time during the stay a guest acts in an unruly or malicious manner and does not adhere to requests by chalet hosts or Moving Mountains staff to behave appropriately, this will result in immediate termination of the rental and forfeiture of all monies paid.
7.7. Use or possession of illegal drugs, (including marijuana), on the Home or in the company's vehicles, will result in immediate termination of the rental and forfeiture of all monies paid
7.8. The under-age consumption of alcohol by guests, or driving while intoxicated or any accident involving intoxication of guests shall not be the responsibility of Moving Mountains, Inc. or its employees.
7.9. Guests driven in a Moving Mountains vehicle agree to abide by Colorado's Motor Vehicle Laws, including the requirements where applicable regarding seat belts. Front seat passengers are required to wear a safety belt and all children in the vehicle must be properly buckled in a seat belt or seat. As of August 2010, Colorado law requires that babies ride in a rear-facing car seat until they are one year of age and at least 20 pounds. Children ages one to four and between 20 and 40 pounds must ride in an appropriate rear- or forward-facing car seat. Colorado law also requires that children who are over age 4 but under age 8 ride in a forward-facing car seat or a booster car seat, unless they are over 4'9" tall or weigh more than 80 lbs. Children who are not required to be in a car seat or booster seat, but are under 16 years old, must be buckled in a seat belt. Parents traveling with infants should bring their own car seat or arrange to rent one before arrival. Guests are solely responsible for ensuring that arrangements are made to provide adequate equipment to comply with these requirements.
7.10. Smoking is not permitted in any part of the Home or in the vehicles operated by Moving Mountains. Decontamination and littering charges at a minimum of $200 will be assessed.
8.1. Guests are prohibited from bringing any pets into any rental properties or on the premises of a rental Home.
Currently the only exception to this rule is the Creekside Chalet which allows dogs on a case-by-case basis. Guests and their dogs at Creekside Chalet (and any home in which this is specifically authorized by Moving Mountains) must adhere to the following rules expected of a responsible owner and a well-behaved dog:
The request to bring a dog must be approved in writing in advance of arrival.
If the dog disturbs or threatens a guest or employee of the Home, the dog will be required to leave.
The owner is responsible for picking up after the dog.
The owner is responsible for any damage caused by the dog or additional cleaning that may be required.
8.2. If a guest is found to have brought an unauthorized pet into a rental Home an additional charge of $500 per day for each day of the reservation will be payable by the guest and will result in immediate termination of the rental and forfeiture of all monies paid
9. Hot Tubs
9.1. Moving Mountains places a high priority on safety and cleanliness with hot-tub maintenance. Private homes managed by Moving Mountains that include a hot tub are provided with fresh water, sanitized and chemically balanced prior to each Home Rental. This does not include communal hot tubs and pools at One Steamboat Place, Edgemont, Chateau Chamonix or Trappeur’s Crossing, or other condominium property where Moving Mountains is not responsible for maintenance.
9.2. It is the guest’s decision to use the hot tub during their stay. If there is any concern regarding the condition of the hot tub water, contact the Moving Mountains office immediately. Additional chemical checks can be arranged at the guest’s expense of $25 per check.
9.3. A chemical balance check will be performed after three days on any reservation of four or more days. This chemical balance is included in the cost of your vacation rental. If the water is sufficiently out of balance due to use and has to be changed during the guest stay, the guest will be charged $110.
9.4. There are times when hot tubs are not available due to cleaning, maintenance, and repairs. There are no refunds or credits if a Home’s hot tub or pool is out of service. Similarly, any equipment in a Home may, on occasion, require service or repair and we will endeavor to facilitate this as quickly as possible. There are no refunds for times when amenities or equipment are being repaired.
10. Taxes and Fees
10.1. Vacation Home Rental is currently subject to resort fee, sales tax, LMD tax* and lodging tax. Should the tax rate change, taxes applied to the stay will be adjusted.
Sales tax: 8.65%
Lodging Tax 1%
LMD Tax 2%
Resort Fee 10.25% (non LMD), 8.25% (LMD)
* if located in the LMD zone
10.2. Catered Home packages and other catered options are taxed at 8.65%.
11. Cancellations & Refunds
11.1. In the case of cancellation, all payments that have been received are non-refundable.
11.2. We highly recommend purchasing Travel Insurance to protect your vacation investment. We offer policies with Red Sky Travel Insurance that are available to you at the time of making your reservation. Please indicate this on the booking form or in writing if you wish to add this to your reservation. This can be added anytime up to 60 days prior to arrival, although additional pre-existing condition coverage applies if the insurance is added within 10 days of reservation confirmation. Please note that if arriving less than 30 days out, travel insurance needs to be purchased at time of booking to cover pre-existing conditions.
11.3. Notification in writing (email or fax) is required to cancel any lodging or additional services and activities. Group Leaders are responsible in making all guests in their party aware of these terms.
11.4. There are no full or partial refunds for late arrivals or early departures.
11.5. In the event that any kind of refund is provided, Moving Mountains will retain 10% of any amounts received to cover administration costs and credit card fees.
12. Zoning and Municipal Codes
12.1. Vacation Home rentals are subject to the zoning and municipal codes applicable to the Home location. If municipal regulations change or can be interpreted to prohibit or to restrict the use of the Home after your reservation is made, we will immediately inform you and you shall be offered the opportunity to:
a. cancel your reservation and receive a complete refund of payments received
b. continue the reservation at the booked Vacation Home subject to the new or reinterpreted regulations c. cancel the reservation at the home you currently have booked and rebook into another Vacation Home with all payments received applied to the new reservation.
13. Force Majeure
If we are prevented or delayed from performing any of the obligations on our part to be performed hereunder or if the normal operation of a booking agreement is adversely affected by reason of an act of God, strike, labor dispute, lockout, threat of imminent strike, fire, avalanche, blizzard, flood, interruption or delay in transportation, war, insurrection or mob violence, injunction, requirement or regulation of government, or statute, unavoidable casualties, shortage of labor, equipment or materials, plant breakdown or failure of operational equipment or any disabling cause beyond our control or our representatives or which cannot be overcome by the means normally employed in performance, then and in every such event, any such prevention or delay will be deemed not to be a breach of our Agreement, but performance of any of the said obligations or requirements will be suspended during such period of disability and the period of all such delays resulting from any such causes will be excluded in computing the time within which anything is required or permitted by Moving Mountains Inc. or our representative to be done hereunder, it being understood and agreed that the time within anything is to be done, or made pursuant hereto will be extended by the total period of all such delays.
Published December 17, 2015
Bookings are made and accepted only on the following Terms and Conditions:
Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under 21 years of age. Natural Retreats reserves the right to refuse bookings including groups.
All packages and packaged offers are offered solely by Natural Retreats US LLC for residents of the United States. Packages and packaged offers are not offered and are not available to residents of the United Kingdom and the European Union.
In these Terms and Conditions the following words and expressions have the following meanings:
a) "Guest" means any person you invite or allow into the Property;
b) "Owner" means the person or persons who own a Property;
c) "Property" means a residential property which you book with Natural Retreats as holiday accommodation for an agreed temporary period; and
d) "you" means the person who books or applies to book a Property with Natural Retreats.
2. Payment — A 25% deposit of the total cost of your holiday is required in order to confirm a booking. The final balance of the total cost of the booking is required 60 days prior to the arrival date. If a booking is made less than 60 days before the arrival date full payment will be due immediately. For stays at Playa Blanca, a deposit of 30% is required.
3. Cheque payment — Cheque payments should be made payable to Natural Retreats UK Limited for UK bookings and Natural Retreats Ireland for Irish bookings and should detail the booking reference, lead name, location and dates of stay written clearly on the rear. Cheques should be sent to Natural Retreats, Whitecroft House, 51 Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5BQ.
4. Seasonal booking restrictions — Natural Retreats reserves the right to impose seasonal booking restrictions such as minimum night stays during peak seasons.
5. Pets — Natural Retreats accepts up to 2 dogs in a limited number of specific residences. It is your responsibility to ensure that a "Pet friendly" residence is requested if dogs are to be included at the time of booking. Availability may be affected accordingly. Pets must be kept on a lead at all times whilst on site and you must ensure that dog mess is cleared away.
6. Booking confirmation — Natural Retreats will send you, either electronically or by post, a confirmation showing the price for your holiday, any additional charges and payments received. Please check the details on the confirmation carefully. If any of the details are wrong, or changed, you must inform our Reservations and Concierge team as soon as possible. No bookings are valid until confirmed by Natural Retreats. You are booking based on the understanding that Natural Retreats are acting as an agent on behalf of the property owner.
7. Property allocation — Whilst every effort will be made to respect requests for particular residences, Natural Retreats reserves the right to reallocate residences as and when necessary.
8. Late payment — Natural Retreats reserves the right to re-let any holiday where any monies due are more than 14 days in arrears, whereupon any monies paid by the you over and above 25% of the total reservation value will be refunded. However, if Natural Retreats are unable to re-let the holiday you will remain liable for the outstanding balance of the cost of the holiday.
9. Unavailability — In the unlikely event that we have to change or cancel your reservation we reserve the right to do so. However you have the right to:
• Accept the changed arrangements as notified
• Make alternative arrangements with Natural Retreats
• Cancel your reservation and receive a full refund of any monies paid to Natural Retreats in respect of your reservation.
We shall have no further liability to you for any changes to or the cancellation of your booking including those arising from Force Majeure.
10. Booking cancellation — Should a cancellation occur more than 8 weeks before arrival date, any payment received will be refunded less the deposit of 25% of the total cost of the booking. Should a cancellation occur more than 6 weeks but less than 8 weeks before arrival date, any payment received will be refunded less 50% of the total cost of the booking. Should a cancellation occur more than 4 weeks but less than 6 weeks before arrival date, any payment received will be refunded less 75% of the total cost of the booking. Should a cancellation occur less than 4 weeks before arrival date there shall be no refund.
11. Booking amendment — if you require a booking to be altered once the booking has been confirmed you will be charged an amendment fee of £25.00 for bookings to locations within the UK and €30.00 for bookings to locations within Ireland. A booking can be altered, subject to availability, up to 8 weeks prior to departure after which you are bound by point 12. Booking Cancelation.
12. Holiday price includes — The price of your holiday includes the use of the use of your accommodation for the maximum number of Guests we indicate and any other amenities or services described. The most up-to-date prices are available on our website and will be quoted when you make an availability search. The agreed price for your holiday will be shown on the Confirmation.
13. Holiday price excludes — The price of your holiday does not include activities for example cycle hire, beauty treatments, restaurant meals and horse riding. Additional charges and different bookings arrangements apply.
14. Your Obligations
a) You must:
i. keep the Property and all furniture, fittings and contents in the same state of repair and condition as at the start of the holiday;
ii. not do, or permit any Guest to do, anything that is likely to make any insurance policy on the Property void or voidable or to increase the premium;
iii. not do or permit your Guests to do anything that could reasonably be considered to cause nuisance or annoyance to the Owner or the occupier or any neighbouring properties; and
iv. report all damage, breakages or equipment failure in the Property or its’ contents to Natural Retreats as soon as is reasonably practicable.
15. Damage to the Property
a) If you report to Natural Retreats any damage to the Property, or any damage to or breakages or failure of the contents of the Property, Natural Retreats will use its reasonable endeavours to repair the damage as soon as is practicable. However, there is no guarantee that the repairs will be affected during the holiday period.
b) Should any damage to the Property or any of its contents be caused by a Guest then you shall be liable for the cost of repair or, where repair is not reasonably practicable, replacement of the damaged item. Natural Retreats will notify you of the cost of replacement or repair within 14 days of you reporting the damage. Any replacement or repair shall be to the original standard.
c) You agree that Natural Retreats may take any payment due from you under clause 14 b) from your account using the debit or credit card details provided by you to Natural Retreats. Natural Retreats will use its reasonable efforts to contact you and notify you of the amount of the payment before taking payment from you.
d) If any damage to the Property or its contents which is caused by a Guest results in the cancellation of a future booking by another customer then you will be responsible for the losses Natural Retreats suffers as a result, including its loss of profit. Natural Retreats will take all reasonably practicable steps to minimise its losses in these circumstances.
16. Property Description
a) Natural Retreats works closely with the Owner to ensure that all properties within the Promotion Material are fairly and accurately described. Occasionally an Owner will make changes to the set-up of their property after publication of Natural Retreats Promotional Material for which Natural Retreats cannot be held responsible.
b) Where changes made by the Owner to the Property materially alter the nature of a booking, Natural Retreats will contact you in writing informing you of the nature of the changes. If any such changes will or are likely to have a material adverse effect on your use of the Property, you may cancel your booking by giving written notice to Natural Retreats within 7 days of receiving notice of the change. If you cancel a booking in these circumstances, Natural Retreats will refund to you all sums you have paid in advance in respect of the booking but will not have any further liability to you in relation to the changes.
c) Where facilities such as internet access are offered, this is an indication that such services are available however no guarantees are made over the speed and quality of the service.
d) By placing a booking with Natural Retreats, you confirm that they have read the full Property description and any notifications held within it.
17. Property security — Your personal belongings are your responsibility during your holiday with us. Vehicles parked at our locations are subject to very limited security cover. Vehicles should be locked and all valuables removed. We accept no liability for any accident, loss or damage to your property unless such loss, damage or accident is due to our negligence or that of those for whom we are legally responsible. We will offer reasonable help to assist you in tracing lost items.
18. Pools — Please take extra care during your holiday when using the pools as they may have open drops from the pool edge. Please ensure that children are supervised at all times. Your use, and your children’s use, of the pools is your responsibility and is at your own risk. You acknowledge that we will not be held liable for any accident or injury incurred whist using the pools except and to the extent that it is caused by our negligence.
19. On-site behaviour — You are responsible for the behaviour of all members of your party/group whilst staying at a Natural Retreats location. Behaviour should not be excessive, noisy or disruptive, especially at night. Offensive or illegal behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in the police being involved. Aggressive or offensive behaviour towards our staff is not acceptable and we may ask you or any member of your party/group to leave immediately. No refunds or compensation will be given in these circumstances and we reserve the right not to accept any future bookings from you or any member of your party/group.
20. Driving on-site — At all times please give way to pedestrians and cyclists, keep to the left and within the 10 mph speed limit. Please use great care when driving on site as sleepers, boulders, logs and posts are placed to avoid damage to roadsides and unauthorized parking. No liability is accepted for any damage caused by these markers unless due to our negligence. All vehicles should be parked in specified areas. We will not be liable for any damage caused to your vehicle if it is not parked in a specified area and it obstructs an emergency services vehicle.
21. Maximum number of guests — The maximum number of Guests in each residence (as shown on our marketing materials and website) must not be exceeded. If it is, we may move those additional persons to another residence and will charge you or them the appropriate full charge for the additional residence from the date your party arrived for the holiday. In addition, your right to occupy the Property may be forfeited without compensation if more people or pets than specified at the time of booking attempt to take up occupation, or if any activity is undertaken which may cause unreasonable damage, noise or disturbance.
22. Information about your party — We reserve the right to obtain the name, age, address and gender of each member of your party before confirming your booking or at any time. You (the booker) must be a member of your party unless we agree otherwise. Failure to provide us with full details of the make up of your party prior to your arrival, if requested by Natural Retreats, may result in access to your retreat being delayed or denied.
23. All prices quoted include VAT where applicable at current rates. We have the right to increase or decrease prices in line with any change in VAT or any other dues or fees levied on your holiday.
24. Child protection — It is Natural Retreats policy to investigate any incident or allegation of concern, or assist any proper enquiries about a child in our care or staying at one of our locations and to refer the matter to an appropriate external organization should we consider it appropriate.
25. Smoking — Please note that smoking is not permitted in any residences or buildings at any of the Natural Retreats locations in the UK and Ireland.
26. Insurance — Please note that it is your responsibility that you and all members of your party have comprehensive travel insurance cover and that it is adequate for your needs. Your policy of insurance should provide cover for personal injury, death, medical and repatriation costs in the countries which you intend to visit, together with cover for loss of baggage and valuables, personal liability, delay, cancellation, curtailment, missed departure and legal expenses. If you suffer from a disability or medical condition you should disclose this to insurers. For those who participate in sports and activities whilst on holiday that have been organised and arranged independently of us, it should be understood that participation is at the individual’s own risk and it is your responsibility to obtain the relevant insurance. Note that special insurance may be required if you intend to undertake any other dangerous or sports activities. Please keep your insurance details with you whilst on holiday.
27. Arrival — Your residence will be available from 16h00. In order to help minimise our carbon footprint and to reduce traffic volumes we recommend that no more than 2 cars per residence are brought to each location.
28. Departure — You must vacate your residence by 10h00 at the latest on your date of departure. Please return your key/key card to reception or place them in your residence key box.
29. Complaints — In the event that you have cause for complaint whilst on holiday yout must immediately bring it to the attention of Natural Retreats local representative/Retreat Manager (or if none available to the Natural Retreats central reservations office), obtaining written confirmation from them of the complaint so that the company shall have the opportunity to correct the matter during the holiday. If you fail to do so it deprives Natural Retreats of the opportunity to investigate the complaint and to do their best to rectify it. If Natural Retreats are unable to resolve matters whilst you are on holiday and you remain dissatisfied then they must write to Natural Retreats within 28 days of their return with full details of the complaint. Natural Retreats will do their best to investigate and reply to you within 28 days of receipt of the letter. Please quote the booking reference on all correspondence. If you fail to follow this simple complaints procedure, their right to claim any compensation may be affected or even lost as a result.
30. Wireless facilities — Wireless internet access, where available, is not guaranteed and is provided subject to third party terms and conditions which are available when accessing the system. The facility is not subject to any particular security/filtering measures and requires continuous parental supervision when used by children. We reserve the right to disclose your details to our internet service provider if we discover that you or a member or your party illegally downloaded content from the internet or otherwise engaged in unlawful activity whilst using this facility.
31. Special requirements and disabilities — Natural Retreats welcomes guests with restricted mobility, disability, medical or particular care requirements. We aim to ensure that our services are as accessible as reasonably possible so it is important that we are made fully aware of any needs, requirements and conditions prior to any booking being concluded. Please call our Reservations & Concierge Team on +44 (0)844 384 3166 or +353 190 369 85 who will be happy to discuss with you availability, suitability and any necessary adjustments.
32. Natural Retreats shall be allowed access to the Property at any reasonable time during any holiday occupancy.
33. You may not resell, advertise, use or give your holiday or any promotional discount or offer to do so (for profit or otherwise) or use it in connection with a promotion, competition, business and charity or any other similar venture without our written permission in advance.
34. We have compiled the information in our marketing materials and on our website as accurately as possible at the time of production. However, facilities may be altered or withdrawn for reasons outside Natural Retreats’ control, in which case we cannot accept responsibility for inconvenience incurred. We make every effort to ensure that the property details are accurately reproduced. Mistakes may occur from time to time, and confirmation should be requested prior to confirmation of a booking.
35. You must accept that minor differences between text / photograph / illustrations in the marketing materials and on the website and the features of the actual property may arise. Natural Retreats cannot accept responsibility should the property not conform to the guest’s standards. If a facility is particularly important to you, please check with us prior to the confirmation of your booking.
36. This agreement is made on the basis that the property ("the Property") is to be occupied by the holidaymakers for a holiday as mentioned in the Housing Act 1988 Schedule 1 paragraph 9 and you acknowledge that the tenancy granted by this agreement is not an assured tenancy and that no statutory periodic tenancy will arise when it ends.
37. These Terms and Conditions of booking will apply to all confirmed bookings.
38. These Terms and Conditions of booking supersede all previous editions.
39. Whilst every care has been taken to replicate the Terms and Conditions of Booking, due to the nature of electronic transmission no responsibility can be accepted by Natural Retreats for any loss or inconvenience incurred by errors in the transfer of information into electronic format.
40. All electronic data remains the property of Natural Retreats and may not be replicated in part or whole without prior permission. No electronic data will be preserved indefinitely, only the hard copy of any correspondence as in normal circumstances.
41. Data protection — All the information we collect and hold about you and members of your party/group will be stored in computer and other filing systems. We collect and keep information about you and members of your party to enable us to administer our services to you, to conduct market research and provide you with information about our products and services and those of carefully selected third parties. If you do not wish to be contacted by us or such third parties please write to our Reservations & Concierge Team at our office address — Natural Retreats, Whitecroft House, 51 Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5BQ.
42. Your principal agreement is with Natural Retreats UK Limited, 7232597 or Natural Retreats Ireland Limited, 469300 whose registered office address is Whitecroft House, 51 Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5BQ. Our agreement with you binds you (the person named on the confirmation), and all members of your party/group, including children and any day visitors. You must ensure all members of your party/group are aware of the Terms and Conditions.
43. This agreement and any dispute between us will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England, Wales and Ireland. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England, Wales and Ireland over any matter arising out of our agreement of your holiday. You may choose to submit to the law and jurisdiction of Scotland or Northern if you are resident there. We must both act reasonably in selecting or agreeing any jurisdiction including any forum for dispute resolution.
44. Hotel amenities and facilities — Where Natural Retreats operate Residences within hotel grounds, Natural Retreats cannot and will not be held responsible for the operating hours of the hotel facilities and amenities should the hotels choose to change from the expected schedules. Guests staying with Natural Retreats will need to check with the Hotels directly for the most up to date information. Natural Retreats are able to advise at the time of booking the most current information however guests are recommended to re-check with the respective hotels. Cancelation due to the operating hours of the hotel facilities and amenities will be as per Natural Retreats standard booking conditions.
45. Activities — Location services, features and facilities may vary between locations. Details of location services, features and facilities will be prominently displayed in the reception area of each Retreat and in the Guest Manuals. Features, facilities or services referred to in any promotional literature or on the Website (e.g. bike hire, pony trekking and boat hire) are subject to availability and may be supplied by third parties. Natural Retreats shall have no responsibility for loss, damage or injury in relation to any services, features or facilities provided or supplied by third parties, except for injury or death which is caused by the negligence of Natural Retreats .
46. Natural Retreats' Liability
a) Natural Retreats is responsible to you for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking the Contract or failing to use reasonable care and skill in providing its services to you. Natural Retreats is not responsible to you for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable, Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or at the time the Contract was made, both you and Natural Retreats knew that it might happen.
b) Natural Retreats shall be responsible for any personal injury or death which is caused by its negligence and nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit that responsibility. However, Natural Retreats will not be responsible for personal injury or death which is not caused by its negligence.
c) Natural Retreats makes the Property available to you for leisure purposes and not for any commercial or business purpose. It will therefore not be liable to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.
47. Gift vouchers may only be used with Natural Retreats directly by ringing the Concierge.
48. Vouchers may be exchanged for any Natural Retreats location – unless otherwise stated.
49. Holiday prices vary dependent on season, location and duration and are subject to availability.
50. Vouchers are valid for 12 months from date of issue, holidays must have been booked and stay completed within this time.
51. Natural Retreats accept no liability for vouchers lost or stolen.
52. Vouchers will only be accepted with a valid voucher number.
53. Voucher cash redemption value 0.0001p.
54. Refunds will not be made against the payment for holidays with Natural Retreats Gift Vouchers.
55. Vouchers may be used in part payment towards a holiday. All payment arrangements and holidays are booked under Natural Retreats booking terms and conditions.
56. If paying for a holiday in a different currency, Natural Retreats will accept Gift Vouchers at a rate of exchange as determined by Natural Retreats at the time of booking.
57. Gift Voucher quantities should be checked immediately upon receipt. Any discrepancies must be notified immediately by telephoning +44 (0) 844 384 3166. Natural Retreats cannot be held responsible for shortage or loss of any vouchers not notified to us within three days of delivery.
58. Cleared payment is required prior to the dispatch of orders. Payment is taken automatically at the time of purchase.
59. We reserve the right to change the Terms and Conditions at any time.
60. No change given.
61. The services and experiences offered on this website are provided by third parties and not Natural Retreats. Where you book an event through us we are acting as your agent and your contract for the provision of the services is with the supplier of the service and/or experience. Therefore, unless caused by our acts or omissions, we will have no liability to you in relation to such services or experiences.
DESCRIPTION OF WI-FI SYSTEM/SERVICE AVAILABILITY
Natural Retreats will provide access to the Wi-Fi system at locations that have been equipped with wireless access points. Wi-Fi may not be available in all areas of the Natural Retreats, may not always be operational or can at times run slowly due to the rural natural of the locations Natural Retreats operates in. The Wi-Fi system at Natural Retreats is provided free of charge as a value added service. Usage may be subject to participation in a short online survey.
Please note: If you are the lucky winner of a Natural Retreats break via third party competitions the following terms & conditions will be applicable.
Prize valid for up to 12 months of receipt. Prize winner will be responsible for contacting Natural Retreats to claim prize. Prize is valid for off peak dates only and excludes stays in the months of July and August, as well as September 1-7, October 20 - November 2, and December 22-January 4, 2016. Prize is subject to availability and Natural Retreats terms and conditions. No cash alternative will be given. The prize does not include transportation to the chosen Natural Retreat. Once a booking has been confirmed, no changes are permitted. If a booking is cancelled no alternative dates can be arranged. No compensation and/or refund will be provided in these circumstances.