Natural Retreats Job Opening
The purpose of the Night Porter is to provide a friendly, efficient service and a lasting impression to all guests staying at the Castle and to assist in the efficient running. The Night Porter will ensure high standards and excellent customer service is delivered at all times in line with company procedures. The role includes managing the reception area during the night and attending to any guests needs efficiently and effectively, and to ensure all buildings are secure/locked at night.
• Security walk rounds of the Castle to ensure all doors are locked and fire escapes are easily accessible in the event of an emergency
• To ensure all access to the Castle is secure and perform any related security jobs as required overnight
• Assist guests with luggage to and from rooms
• Arrange taxis when required
• Deal with guest enquiries regarding the local area and the Castle in an efficient manner.
• Occasional transport of Housekeeping team members.
• Late night bar service
• Dealing with late guest arrivals
• Carry out regular nightly checks including boilers, water quality checks
• Carry out night cleaning duties
• Early morning opening up for deliveries
• Attending to minor maintenance problems
• Full knowledge and able to act on the hotel's fire plan
• To answer any calls/emails and to take effective messages
• Liaise with various departments
• To have extensive knowledge of all hotel facilities
• Identifying and removing potential H&S hazards
• Previous experience in a similar role is preferable.
• Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
• Strong customer focus
• Highly organised
• Strong attention to detail
• Able to multi task
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Own transport will be required
• Proactive and flexible
• Positive, Creative, ‘can do’ approach
• Friendly and welcoming
• Ability to ‘make it happen’
• ‘Can do’ attitude
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]