Yuletide Treats & Festive Feasts
Looking for Christmas adventures? Get a head start on your festive check-list and head across coast & country with our Yuletide guide, all of which are FREE entry and perfect for you and your loved ones to enjoy during the Christmas season >
Richmond Christmas Market
4 December (10am-4pm)
Best for stays in...YORKSHIRE DALES
• Visit Father Christmas in the Kings Head grotto
• Discover the Angel Trail and festive Christmas Tree Competition
• Enoy live music, festive food & drinks to feast on (with a special beer commissioned just for the event)
• Browse the Chic Vintique fair, plus a craft & gift marquee
• Stock up on gorgeous gifts amongst the many stalls & stands with seasonal goodies
• For young explorers, jump into face-painting, glitter tattoos and gingerbread decorating, a Punch + Judy show for all to enjoy, plus a live owl demonstration
• The famous 'Santa Run' with over 150 participants is great entertainment for a chilly winters afternoon
Fowey Christmas Market
Best for stays in...TREWHIDDLE
• Witness Santa arrive by tug boat to Berril’s Yard, then join the Lantern Parade and Samba Band which follow him to the beautiful church gates. After everyone's gathered round, watch the Christmas lights Big Switch On at the church gates and enjoy quaint little Fowey lit up in a festive fashion.
• Tuck into a succulent hog roast, mulled wine & treats amongst live Christmas music and the 'lane of lights'
• Stilt Walkers, Santa’s Grotto, Victorian Funfair & Children’s entertainment are all on offer for your little ones to enjoy
• Choirs and musicians including Voiceworks, Town Choir, Fower River Singers and more, will provide the perfect festive atmosphere to your seasonal adventure
• For a generous dose of retail therapy, the Town Quay Marquees, Webb Street Market and Fowey Leisure Centre will boast Christmas stalls jam-packed with winter goodies
Caithness Horizons Annual Christmas Market
3 December (10am-4pm)
Best for stays in...JOHN O’GROATS
• Local crafters showcase their creations
• Perfect place to pick up unique Christmas gifts for your loved ones
• Visit their cosy cafe for festive treats after a spot of retail therapy!
Abersoch Christmas Festival Weekend
Best for stays in...LLŷN PENINSULA
• Keep your eyes peeled for Father Christmas on his sleigh, during the lantern parade from the harbour
• Head on down to Abersoch where the cafe’s, restaurants and shops open late for the Christmas fayre and lots of Christmas cheer!
• The local school children will be singing carols around the Christmas tree and taking part in the Children’s Christmas Treasure Hunt
• For the perfect presents and souvenirs, there will be a craft fair in Abersoch Village Hall
• Face painting and a Christmas raffle will keep young explorers entertained, with the cosy tunes of the local brass band floating through the air
Padstow Christmas Festival
Best for stays in...ROCK & NORTH CORNWALL
• Ideal for foodies, take a front row seat to festive chef demonstrations including celebrity chef's Nathan Outlaw, James Martin & Rick Stein
• Feast on the very best food and fayre from local and regional companies
• Take a sip on locally manufactured beers, ales, gin, ciders, liquers and many others, whilst picking out the perfect gifts for loved ones
• Browse the beautifully crafted goodies from a myriad of artisan companies and manufacturers, and truly get into the Christmas spirit
Cork Festive Markets 2015
25 November - 18 December
Best for stays in...CASTLEMARTYR
• Embrace the wonderful 12 day Christmas festival, 'Glow' in picturesque Cork
• The highlight of Glow is a free festively themed attraction for children at Bishop Lucey Park, complete with vintage carousel
• There will be Christmas markets on the grand parade for all to enjoy, and Ireland’s largest Ferris Wheel with a 30m high ride and stunning views of the city’s skyline
• There will be a live music stage at Glow for the duration of the festival with carol singers and musicians entertaining in aid of a range of charities.
• The Park will be transformed into Santa’s Workshop and children will be transported to a world of wonder as they watch elves working and playing, and enjoy the interactive and live toys on display. Children will be further enchanted as they post their letter to the North Pole, and watch the North Pole express toy train.
Looking for last-minute Christmas & New Year availability? Book now to avoid disappointment! :