Natural Retreats Job Opening
The Housekeeper role is essential in ensuring that Natural Retreats guest get an amazing first impression of the residences. With fantastic attention to detail, the Housekeeper will ensure that the residences are in pristine condition and will escalate any maintenance issues directly to the retreat management team.
• To take full responsibility for the full clean of residences upon the departure of guests.
• In the absence of Management check residences prior to the arrival of guests to ensure all residences are in pristine condition.
• Using the checklist for each residence ensure that all areas have been cleaned and prepared to the required standard.
• To use the correct cleaning products for the relevant jobs and ensure hygiene levels are kept to a high standard.
• Regularly change cleaning materials eg: wipes, dusters etc to ensure they are effective and hygienic.
• Change all bed linens to a high standard. Ensuring all linen is clean, unmarked and presentable. Escalate to the relevant manager if linen is marked or damaged.
• Ensure toiletries are replenished.
• Ensure the bathrooms are cleaned to a high standard and stocked with sufficient linens and supplies.
• Ensure all flooring is vacuumed, swept and washed as appropriate.
• In kitchen areas ensure the refrigerators, ovens, microwaves and stoves are clean inside and out.
• Periodically conduct deep cleans of ovens, microwaves, stoves and refrigerators.
• Ensure the porches/decks of each residence are swept prior to the arrival of guests to ensure free of leaves etc.
• Clean windows (inside) and ensure smear free.
• Escalate any issues in relation to dirty external windows with the relevant management team.
• For residences which have open fires ensure the fire is cleaned and prepared for use by the guests and ensure that there is a full supply of wood and kindling.
• Spot check each residence throughout the clean and escalate any maintenance issues with the relevant manager.
• Take responsibility for cleaning all linens at the lodge.
• Manage the supplies of cleaning materials and linen and reorder when necessary.
• When meeting Natural Retreats guests greet them in a friendly, welcoming and consistent manner.
• If a guest makes a direct request to Housekeeping ensure that you promptly fulfil the request and if unable to fulfil the request raise with the relevant manager. Ensure that you keep the guest aware of the progress and always communicate in a friendly, positive manner.
• Approach all tasks and requests with a ‘can do’ attitude.
• Escalate any general issues with the residences to the relevant manager promptly.
• To be an ambassador for Natural Retreats in all areas and to ensure always smart and presentable and wearing the correct NR uniform.
• Previous experience in a similar role is preferable.
• Team Player
• Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
• Strong customer focus
• Strong attention to detail
• Able to multi task
• Amazing interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Proactive and flexible
• Positive, Creative, ‘can do’ approach
• Friendly and welcoming
• Ability to ‘make it happen’
• ‘Can do’ attitude
Hours and how to apply
Hours are variable.
Housekeepers must be available for weekend work
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]