Happy Earth Day 2022
At Natural Retreats, we understand the importance of experiencing the beauty of our planet, which is why we place an emphasis on the location of our destinations. Each hand-picked property is set within close proximity to some of America’s most stunning natural works of art; from the Sierra Mountains in Lake Tahoe and shores of Tybee Island to the Lakes Region of New Hampshire and everywhere in between.
Earth Day: Five Fast Facts
- Earth Day is celebrated annually on April 22 and became an official holiday in the United States in 1970—we’ve been celebrating for 52 years!
- In 1990, Earth Day gained global recognition and was celebrated in over 140 countries.
- A new theme is picked each year for Earth Day; for 2022, the theme is Invest in our Planet.
- The Earth Day Organization hosts events in-person and virtually to celebrate green living and help provide additional education and resources to those interested in participating.
- You can become an Earth Day member! There are different membership tiers, all with fantastic benefits to those feeling inspired to get involved.
Whether you happily recall a multi-generational family photo shoot on the beach of Cape San Blaswith your favorite cousins (You remember the coordinating white tops and khaki shorts.) or relive the moment you said “I do” to your special someone at Glacier Point in Yosemite National Park, planet Earth has always been present in the background.
On Earth Day 2022, we challenge you to gather your favorite memories in the great outdoors to celebrate. If you share your memories on social media, be sure to tag us @naturalretreats and use the #openthedoortomore so we can follow along!