Natural Retreats Job Opening
Food and Beverage Manager
The F&B Manager will support the General Manager to deliver a first-class Premium venue with maximum event capacities capable of hosting up to 300 guests. Working closely with the Head Chef and the Events Specialist they will generate interest in corporate events and functions to develop a forward diary for all of the function rooms. In addition, they will be responsible for the Storehouse offering – a 100 seater Barista led high-end coffee shop serving fresh, predominantly local food. Their key focus will be on operational service delivery across all areas with a hands-on approach, leading from the front. They will ensure that we are offering fantastic service to our customers & guests, to deliver an amazing dining experience as well as running the operation efficiently and profitably. A key part of the role initially will be establishing a department from the outset, setting and driving service standards and developing clear operating procedures for the entire food, beverage and banqueting areas for all to adhere to. They will also ensure relevant compliance with food safety, food hygiene, licensing laws and health and safety requirements.
• Running the day to day management operations, control and administration of all food and beverage activities, taking a full hands-on role in all areas of the F&B and banqueting business.
• Developing and implementing operating procedures to ensure that high standards are implemented across all areas of F&B as well as conference and banqueting.
• Training all staff to the above standards.
• To arrange regular stocktakes and manage stock control and minimise waste.
• Planning menus for events and corporate functions with the Head Chef and the Events Specialist.
• Holding regular meetings with the Head Chef, service delivery teams and the events Specialist to ensure that all events are operated to the agreed standards.
• Organising and managing events to ensure an amazing result every time.
• Being the lead operational contact at Lews Castle for all leisure and corporate event organisers.
• Ensuring that all rooms are well presented at all times for potential show rounds
• To arrange and set up menu tastings
• To maximise revenue from the bar and encourage upselling in all areas
• Ensuring that the department’s administration, accounting, cash handling and stock control procedures are adhered to.
• Regularly auditing the food and beverage products and services with regard to set standards and procedures.
• Ensuring the correct operational use and cleaning of all catering equipment and arranging service agreements for the Storehouse appliances and refrigeration as and when required
• Complying strictly with all legal requirements with regard to liquor licensing
• Recruitment of all staff within the F&B department to match levels of business, service standards and agreed budget.
• Strictly controlling the budget in respect of the cost of goods, wage costs and sundry costs of the business relative to revenue.
• Attending weekly operations meetings and other inter-departmental meetings as scheduled. If unable to attend, to ensure that a representative from the team attends
• Undertaking appraisals for all catering team members in accordance with company policy
• Ensuring that proper training is given to all F&B personnel in food safety, food hygiene, COSHH and all other health and safety requirements
• Promoting the welfare, enthusiasm and general morale amongst all F&B personnel, both permanent and seasonal
• Undertaking any other duties which may, from time to time, be necessary to ensure the smooth running of the department
• Proven experience in a similar role with experience of working in high end hospitality/leisure industry
• Strong experience/awareness of offering exceptional service and the requirements of this.
• Experience in Silver Service as well as delivery to contemporary modern standards
• Good understanding of spirits, wines, cocktails and contemporary beverage trends
• Menu design
• Level 3 Supervising Food Safety Certified
• HACCP (Hazard, Analysis and Critical Control Points) trained
• Passion for delivering an amazing dining experience
• Ability to effectively delegate
• Team Player
• Strong administrative and organisational skills
• Influencing skills
• Problem solver
• Strong customer focus
• Commercial awareness
• Strong attention to detail
Personal attributes and behaviours
• Proactive and flexible
• Creative, ‘can do’ approach
• Amazing interpersonal skills
• Strong communicator
• Team Orientated
• Friendly and welcoming
• Ability to ‘make it happen’
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]