In the lovely mountain village of Warm Springs, made famous by its historic thermal springs, frontiersmen built this classic log cabin-circa 1840. With its beautifully preserved authentic antique logs completely modernized and furnished with period antiques, Anastasia Cottage can comfortably accommodate a large family.
The cottage comfortably sleeps five in the two bedrooms with en-suite baths. The large downstairs bedroom holds a Queen bed and a cozy sitting area before you enter into the large bathroom with a dressing area.
Upstairs you will find another roomy bedroom with a Queen Bed, a Twin Bed and additional full bathroom. Downstairs, in the living room and adjoining den, there are two sleeper sofas. There is a half bath off the hall downstairs for guests to use. The living room is a comfortable room to gather in front of the wood burning fireplace to relax and also contains the main dining table. The cottage is equipped with a nice selection of board games, movies and a library of books.
Enjoy the mountain views from the front porch, and take advantage of the endless scenic, recreational, cultural and historical activities within walking distance or a short drive. Enjoy dining in the cool of the evening on the screened porch. The porch is comfortably furnished with adequate seating for dining, table, lighting and ceiling fan.
There are many fine dining options nearby, including the Waterwheel Restaurant and Simon Kenton Pub, just one hundred yards away from the cottage. Enjoy spectacular drives through the Allegheny Mountains, many area wineries, don’t forget to “take in the waters” at the historic Jefferson Pools, where the water is a balmy 98 degrees all year long. After your soak, you can enjoy a soothing hot stone massage from the Warm Spirit Spa, located near the cottage.
Each location will offer its own unique experience package and may not offer exclusive access to the private facilities of both the Homestead and Old Dairy Community Center, although with over a million acres of National Forest, two of the best fly fishing rivers in the state, Lake Moomaw, Douthat State Park and countless miles of trails to enjoy, there will hardly be a lack of one of a kind natural amenities to experience. In fact, cultural possibilities abound throughout the Virginia Hot Springs region, with theaters, music venues and art galleries, as well as a local calendar brimming with a variety of festivals and events. Natural Retreats Concierge Services will organize all of this and more for its guests… with ease!
ABOUT THIS ACCOMMODATION
- Air conditioning
- Sleeps 5
- 2 queen beds
- 1 twin bed
- 2 sleeper sofas
- 2.5 baths
- Furnished screened porch with ceiling fan
- Restaurants 100 yards from cottage
- Located directly across from Warm Spirit Spa with convenient access to Jefferson Pools and the Allegheny Mountains
- Wood-burning fireplace
- TVs/VCR/DVD player
- Board games
- Movie/book library
- 2-night minimum stay
DIRECTIONS FROM 220-N, MONTEREY, VA
- Follow Highway 220-S into Bath County.
- At the intersection of 220-S and 30-W, turn right onto 39-W towards Marlinton, WV.
- Take the first left, onto Old Germantown Road.
- Follow Old Germantown Rd around through the village. Anastasia Cottage will be the last residence on your right.
DIRECTIONS FROM COVINGTON, VA
- Follow Highway-220-N, up Warm Springs Mountain.
- You will pass through Hot Springs, VA, where you will pass the Homestead Resort on your right.
- Follow 220-N for another 5 miles. You will enter the village of Warm Springs, VA.
- Turn left onto Courthouse Hill. Follow Courthouse Hill down into the village of Warm Springs.
- Turn sharp right onto Old Mill Road.
- At the stop sign, turn left onto Old Germantown Road. Anastasia Cottage will be on your right.