The award-winning design, modern open plan living and sustainable build are only a few highlights of these superb residences. The huge expanse of glass allows the magnificence of the natural surroundings to be as much a part of the luxury experience as the exquisite attention to detail showcased in our interiors.
Having benefited from a complete refurbishment, the interior of each residence has been entirely revamped, incorporating ethical and exquisite design. The lodges are lovingly furnished with bespoke touches such as the exclusively designed sofas and innovative ‘cube’ seats, showcasing colours purposely chosen to compliment and mirror the idyllic scenery. Locally-sourced items have been used wherever possible, from the beautiful sofa cushions to the unusual ‘tree trunk’ bedside tables, just another example of Natural Retreats’ commitment to sustainability.
As well as beautifully updated interiors the residences have also benefited from rejuvenated exteriors, enhanced roads and pathways. And, a selection of residences will boast private outdoor fire pits encircled by sunken seating, enabling guests to further appreciate the beautiful backdrop and views across the stunning Swale Valley.
To read more about our Yorkshire Dales refurbishment, visit our blog.
Each residence has three bedrooms and can accommodate a maximum of six adults – the size and make-up of the bedrooms varies across two styles of residence.
Half of the residences boast a large master bedroom with en-suite shower and wet room as well as two slightly smaller double bedrooms. These two rooms share a large family bathroom together with bath and shower.
Our other nine residences also offer three double bedrooms, each of which, has an en-suite shower room and wc. Across all of our residences we have a bedroom which can be made up as a twin for children with adjoining zip and link mattresses, perfect for younger guests yet offering a full size double unless requested.
Each residence is equipped to the highest standards to offer a luxurious stay at this most stunning of locations.
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Washer/dryer, iron and ironing board and hairdryers
- 32″ flat screen TV, DVD player, radio/CD player, PlayStation 3
- Linen and towels provided
- Temple Spa toiletries
- Centrally heated throughout
- Decked area with outdoor furniture
- Wildlife ponds (children must be supervised)
- Woodland trail
- Private and shared parking facilities
- Travel cots, high chairs and sterilisers are available on request. Guests must provide their own cot linen
- Wi-fi: please note we are currently experiencing technical problems with our wi-fi service
WHAT MAKES OUR LODGES ECO-FRIENDLY?
- Our timber-framed residences are made from sustainable woodlands
- Minimal foundations, maintaining a living habitat beneath each residence
- Evergreen sedum (living plant-based) roof
- Recycled insulation made from recycled glass fibre and other recycled materials
- Natural spring water from our own spring is used for drinking and showers
- Biomass heating in each residence using local wood
- Super-efficient dual rate boilers providing supplementary heating and hot water
- E Solar Glazing maximizing solar heating and minimizing heat loss
- Rainwater harvesting
- 100% renewable energy sources
- Low energy lighting
- Klargester high-performance natural sewage treatment system
- Recyclable waste disposal bins and composting wormeries
- Natural Retreats Yorkshire Dales has attained Zero Carbon Status