Our expert Concierge Team all have first hand knowledge of our Retreats. Rachael Greenwood visited Natural Retreats West Highlands and here are her top five recommendations.
- Outdoor adventures. If it’s snowing then try skiing, there are so many different ways to explore the area from walking to mountain climbing. There are some beautiful viewpoints which give the perfect opportunity to get the camera out.
- Explore the Lochs. In the area there are many of different types of lochs; one of the best is Fort Augustus. These lochs link to Loch Ness, so you never know, you might see the tail of Nessie!
- The Jacobite Train. For Harry Potter fans and train enthusiasts the Jacobite train is a must-do activity. West Coast Railways, operators of The Jacobite, provided the steam engine and carriages for the ‘Hogwarts Express’ as seen in the Harry Potter films including The Philosopher’s Stone and others in this wonderful series.
- Whisky tour. You can’t go all the way to Scotland without trying the local whisky. A place nearby is Dalwhinnie Distillery, my advice would be to nominate a driver!
- Rock climbing. If you are seeking the thrill factor, an indoor arena just an hour away and is a great place to teach the kids how to rock climb in a safe environment, with help on hand if needed.
Rachael Greenwood, Reservations and Concierge