Our expert Concierge Team all have first hand knowledge of our Retreats. Joe Benson visited Natural Retreats Trewhiddle and here are his top five recommendations.
- The Pentewan Trail from Natural Retreats Trewhiddle: After a long drive to the site this is a nice one hour, three mile walk suitable for all ages. The trail runs through and alongside woodland and offers the chance to take in many lovely views.
- The Eden Project: Located just a few miles from Natural Retreats Trewhiddle, it is a must see for any trip to Cornwall. This world famous eco-attraction is a great day out and can be enjoyed by people of all ages. Walking through the bio domes is like going to a different country!
- Lost Gardens of Heligan: A very unusual atmospheric site that offers a fun filled day out, brilliant for families. I would recommend getting a guide to really get the most out of the experience; I loved the free compass on entry! Also home to Lobbs farm shop, a great place to stock up on fresh local produce.
- Mevagissey: For a lazy afternoon head to the picturesque harbour town of Mevagissey which is reachable within a 10 minute drive from Natural Retreats Trewhiddle. Lovely fishing and boat tours are available. Home to the Fountain Inn, a traditional pub serving home-made food, and Kelly’s Cornish Ice Cream, the Mint Choc Chip is the best!
- Pentewan Sands: A fabulous beach within 10-15 minutes’ drive of your residence, this stretch of the Cornish Riviera is truly breath-taking! This is the closest beach to Natural Retreats Trewhiddle. Easily reached in about seven minutes by car this family-friendly beach is safe for bathing and has its own car park. Great if you’ve brought pets along, too.
Joe Benson, Reservations and Concierge