Our expert Concierge Team all have first hand knowledge of our Retreats. Joe Benson visited Natural Retreats Adare Manor and here are his top five recommendations.
- Adare Manor Golf Course: The championship par-69 golf course covers 230 acres and was designed by Robert Trent Jones Senior. Each hole sports four tee positions making it good for pros to casual golfers. Try to beat Lee Westwood’s 2008 record setting score of 64, it’s quite the challenge!
- The Elemis Treatment Rooms: Six Elemis trained therapists offer the full spectrum of body treatments; facials, massages and wraps. Hydrotherapy baths are popular with golfers returning from the course and come highly recommended.
- The Oakroom Restaurant: A breath-taking space overlooking the river Maigue and its accompanying colonnade is considered the most enchanting dinner setting in the country as it is illuminated only by candlelight. Dishes and flavours change with the seasons, as the chefs endeavour always to source and cook local produce.
- Fishing: The River Maigue has a good stock of Wild Brown Trout. The average weight of Trout is 1lb and some up to 2 and 3 lbs. There are also two private Brown Trout lakes on the property, fish weighing up to 5lbs have been caught on both lakes. Private or group angling lessons available, all necessary fishing licenses and permits arranged, tackle hire, wet gear and boots.
- Hawk Walks: This activity is sufficient to get a basic insight into falconry and to gain the exciting experience of handling and flying a trained hawk. Starts with a brief history of Falconry before being introduced to the beautiful birds and give you the opportunity to get some hands on experience – flying your own hawk in the woodlands and grounds of the Manor Estate.
Joe Benson, Reservations and Concierge